Luis Manuel León
Luis Manuel León
Senior Research Associate
Prof. Luis M. León Isidro (male) is the head of Macromolecular Chemistry research group and, since the 80´s, his research has focused in the field of polymers and polymeric materials, covering different aspects such as studies about polymerization kinetics of different monomers and polymer properties both in solution and in solid state. In recent years his interest has focused on the development of new polymer based materials that can act as sensors or actuators. It is noteworthy his activity in the field of piezoelectric polymers and shape memory polymers. He has published numerous articles in scientific journals and has conducted more than 30 research projects, acting as principal investigator in most of them. He has also supervised 22 PhD Thesis. He is currently associated with BCMaterials, an excellence research centre and belongs to its scientific committee acting as coordinator of research related to polymers.
+34 94 601 2710
Interests and objectives:
Actually Professor of Physical Chemistry at the Basque Country University (UPV/EHU).
Member of the Comisión de Doctorado de la UPV/EHU from 1988.
Main scientific interest are polymer based materials that can act as sensors or actuators.
Numerous articles published in scientific journals.
More than 30 research projects, acting as principal investigator in most of them.
Responsable del Grupo Química Macromolecular, Tipo A, Gobierno Vasco (IT718-13).
22 PhD supervised.
Coordinator of research related to polymers in BCMaterials.
Synthesis and characterization of new polymeric materials
In situ measurements of free volume during recovery process of a shape memory polymer,Polymer, 2017, 109, 66-70
- Solvent and relative humidity effect on highly ordered polystyrene honeycomb patterns analyzed by Voronoi tesselation,Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2016, Volume 133, Issue 39
Development of poly(vinylidene fluoride)/ionic liquid electrospun fibers for tissue engineering applications,Journal of Materials Science, 2016, 51, Issue 9, pp 4442–4450
Physical aging and mechanical performance of poly(l-lactide)/ZnO nanocomposites,Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2016, 133, 45
Effect of cyano dipolar groups on the performance of lithium-ion battery electrospun polyimide gel electrolyte membranes,Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 2016, 778, 57-65
- Cu-coated cellulose nanopaper for green and low-cost electronics,Cellulose, 2016, 1-14
- Synthesis and Characterization of New Thiophene-Derived Polymers,Advances in Polymer Technology, 2014, 33, 4
Poly(L-lactide)/branched β-cyclodextrin blends: Thermal, morphological and mechanical properties,Carbohydrate Polymers, 2016, 144, 25-32
- PLLA-grafted cellulose nanocrystals: Role of the CNC content and grafting on the PLA bionanocomposite film properties,Carbohydrate Polymers, 2016, 142, 105-113
- Three-dimensional orientation of poly(⌊-lactide) crystals under uniaxial drawing,RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 11943-11951
- Increased functional properties and thermal stability of flexible cellulose nanocrystal/ZnO films,Carbohydrate Polymers, 2015, 136, 250-258
- Polymeric Shape-Memory Micro-Patterned Surface for Switching Wettability with Temperature,Polymers, 2015, 7, 1674-1688
- Effect of ionic liquid anion and cation on the physico-chemical properties of poly(vinylidene fluoride)/ionic liquid blends,European Polymer Journal, 2015, 71, 304-313
- Dielectric relaxation dynamics of high-temperature piezoelectric polyimide copolymers,Applied Physics A, 2015, 120:731–743
- Connecting Free Volume with Shape Memory Properties in Noncytotoxic Gamma-Irradiated Polycyclooctene,Journal of Polymer Science, 2015, 53, 1080–1088
- Radio Frequency Magnetoelectric Effect Measured at High Temperature,IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2015, 51 (7),2500904
- Poly(L-lactide)/ZnO nanocomposites as efficient UV-shielding coatings for packaging applications,Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2016, 133,2
- Resonant Response of Magnetostrictive/New Piezoelectric Polymer Magnetoelectric Laminate,Sensor Letters, 2013, 11 (1), pp. 134-137
- Development of magnetoelectric CoFe2O4 /poly(vinylidene fluoride) microspheres,RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 35852-35857
Influence of α-methyl substitutions on interpolymer complexes formation between poly(meth)acrylic acids and poly(Ν-isopropyl(meth)acrylamide)s,Colloid and Polymer Science, 2015, 293 (5), pp 1447-1455
- Enhanced Charge-Transfer Emission in Polyimides by Cyano-Groups Doping,Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2015, 119 (17), pp 5685–5692
- High-temperature polymer based magnetoelectric nanocomposites,European Polymer Journal, 2015, 64, 224-228
- Crystallization, structural relaxation and thermal degradation in Poly(⌊-lactide)/cellulose nanocrystal renewable nanocomposites,Carbohydrate Polymers, 2015, 123, 256-265
- Study of the chain microstructure effects on the resulting thermal properties of poly(⌊-lactide)/poly(Ν-isopropylacrylamide) biomedical materials,Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2015, 50, 97-106
- Impact Damping in NiMnGa/Polymer Composites,Materials Transactions, 2014, 55 (3), 629-632
- Study of the effect of gamma irradiation on a commercial polycyclooctene I. Thermal and mechanical properties,Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 2014, 102, 108–116
- Shape memory effect for recovering surface damages,Journal of Polymer Research, 2014, 21 (6), 481
- Thermal behaviour of H-bonded interpolymer complexes based on polymers with acrylamide or lactame groups and poly(acrylic acid): Influence of N-alkyl and α-methyl substitutions,Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2014, 109, 147-153
- Synthesis and characterization of novel piezoelectric nitrile copolyimide films for high temperature sensor applications,Smart Materials and Structures, 2014, 23 (10), 105015
Be sociable, share!